The world’s only truly global satellite communicator now has built-in navigation with waypoints and routing.
Navigate, create waypoints, log your trip and find your way back. Send and receive text messages. Trigger an interactive SOS. Plan, track and share your journey. You can do all of this from one rugged handheld device with 100% global coverage from Iridium. You can also pair it with your mobile device to access topographic maps.
It will get you anywhere you want to go. Even better, it will get you back.
|Create or view a route, drop waypoints, see your detailed GPS tracks, and navigate with the on-screen map view.|
|Built-in digital compass provides heading and bearing information even when standing still.|
|Plan your route(s) and waypoints ahead of time using the Explore portal and then share your journey with family and friends.|
|Send and receive 160-character text messages* with GPS coordinates to cell numbers or email addresses worldwide and post updates to social media.|
|Adjustable tracking intervals from 10 minutes to 4 hours allow you to track your trip and share your location, including GPS coordinates, course elevation and speed.|
|Trigger an SOS, receive a delivery confirmation, and communicate back and forth with our 24/7 search and rescue monitoring center.|
Technical Specifications and Important Information
- Includes digital compass, barometric altimeter and accelerometer
- Includes an odometer and displays useful trip statistics while in the field, such as trip time, max speed, moving average, trip distance
- 100 hours of battery life in 10-minute tracking mode with a clear view to the sky. Extended tracking mode can extend battery life even more for long-haul trips.
- Color screen and virtual keyboard with predictive text for standalone two-way messaging
- GPS accuracy to +/- 5 meters
- Water rating: IP67 (withstands incidental water exposure; tested for submersion at one meter for 30 minutes).
- Rugged, dustproof and impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock; IP67 for dust).
- Impact-resistant (Mil-STD-810G for shock)
- Internal lithium polymer battery (2,450 mAh capacity at 3.7 V)
- SOS messages are received by GEOS, a worldwide emergency response coordination center with 24/7/365 staffing
- Weight: 6.7 ounces
- Email, SOS and tracking functions work anywhere in the world; SMS availability may vary by country.
- 100% global coverage via the Iridium satellite network, which is the world’s furthest-reaching satellite communications network.
- Maintains a satellite signal lock even in difficult GPS environments and embeds precise location coordinates in sent messages.
- Pairs via Bluetooth with Apple iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire with bluetooth (smartphones and tablets)
Easy to Use Menu Interface
Color screen with virtual keyboard for standalone two-way messaging, creating waypoints, following a route, and viewing tracks.
Accurate, Reliable Navigation
Built-in digital compass, along with barometric altimeter and accelerometer sensors, provide heading and bearing info, accurate elevation readings, speed, and moving average.
Color-Coded Map View with Waypoints
See an overview of your journey with planned routes, waypoints, tracks, and messages. Or, view navigation details overlaying topographic maps in Earthmate.
Interactive SOS Communications
Two-way messaging with rescue monitoring center enables appropriate and accurate response with ability to send and receive pertinent updates.